Arthritis. Musculoskeletal injuries. Chronic conditions like fibromyalgia. These are just a few of the issues that an experienced physical therapist can help treat.
Doctors often recommend patients to physical therapists as part of a comprehensive treatment plan. In fact, estimates from 2011 show that almost 12 million Americans used outpatient physical therapy services. However, it’s also estimated that this represents less than 10% of the people who could have benefited from therapy.
Physical therapists are capable of diagnosing and treating many physical conditions. In some cases, your physical therapist may still recommend a doctor’s visit for some additional medical opinions or an X-ray. They’ll also construct a physical therapy plan that’s personalized to you and designed to provide many benefits.
How can physical therapy benefit you?
Physical therapists are licensed medical professionals. They use state-of-the-art technology and physical therapy methods to treat a variety of injuries and medical issues.
One of the biggest benefits of physical therapy is that your program will be individualized to fit your needs. But this is far from the only benefit that physical therapy can offer. A few of the other benefits people often get from their therapy include:
- Reduced pain — Pain is the body’s go-to reaction to injuries or inflammation. Physical therapists are adept at finding ways to decrease the pain you’re experiencing. For instance, they can help create plans to reduce arthritis pain. One study found that knee arthritis patients had a 52% improvement in pain scores after just four weeks of physical therapy.
- Improved function — Each part of our body is intended to function in a specific way. Our joints bend. Our muscles support and move other body parts. However, injuries and medical issues often decrease our body’s ability to function normally. Physical therapy can help you find ways to tackle function deficits. A rotator cuff tear study reveals that physical therapy helped almost 60% of patients improve their shoulder function scores.
Other benefits that your physical therapist will strive to help you realize include:
- Improving ability to do normal daily activities
- Increasing range of motion
- Increasing the strength of injured muscles
- Improving your ability to balance and more
Armor Physical Therapy offers beneficial physical therapy
At Armor Physical Therapy, we offer services to assist with a wide range of physical therapy and sports rehabilitation needs. Our physical therapists offer free screenings designed to reveal the issues responsible for your symptoms. Our team of physical therapy experts can also develop a beneficial and individualized therapy plan for you. Some treatment services that can be included in this plan are:
- Manual therapy
- Evaluation of walking and running patterns
- Women’s health therapy
- Chronic pain treatment
- Graston Technique®
- Post-surgical rehab
Are you ready to start getting our help with treating your injury or medical condition? Contact us today for more information about how we can assist you or to schedule an initial appointment.