What is physical therapy?
Physical therapy is a medical, hands-on approach to relieving pain and restoring function. Physical therapists are medical experts in musculoskeletal and neurological conditions and work closely with physicians. Our physical therapists evaluate your movement patterns, identify the cause of your pain, and work to eliminate it.
While every patient’s condition and pain is unique, your physical therapist will use a variety of gentle hands-on techniques, exercises, and equipment to relieve pain quickly and restore your function to optimum levels. The overall goal is to restore pain-free mobility and function and to prevent the injury or pain from recurring.
How do I know if physical therapy will help me?
Working with you and your doctor, we can discuss your options and help determine if physical therapy will be the right choice for you. Contact us today to discuss your current condition and even set an appointment.
Can I go to any physical therapy I choose?
As a patient you have the right to receive physical therapy at any place you choose. At Armor Physical Therapy, you will receive the highest quality care while achieving the results you need. We pride ourselves on providing a positive, encouraging environment with well-trained, friendly staff. We are confident in our ability to help you reach your goals and live a pain-free life.
How do I schedule an appointment?
What should I bring to my first appointment?
Please have your prescription and insurance card available when you call. This will allow us to verify your insurance benefits and provide you with an estimate of coverage.
To bring on your first visit:
- A prescription (if needed) for physical therapy from your referring physician, ARNP, or PA.
- Insurance information (we will make a copy of your card).
- Print out the patient forms, fill them out, and bring them with you.
- In case of an automobile accident or worker’s compensation claim, also bring any case manager or insurance adjuster contact names, phone numbers, and claim number.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to complete any remaining paperwork, so you can maximize your time in your evaluation.
- Please wear comfortable clothing that allows easy access to your problem areas.
Will it hurt?
Does insurance cover my treatment?
Yes, in most cases it does. Our office will be happy to assist in contacting your insurance company and determining your coverage based on your individual policy. For more information, visit our insurance plan page and please do not hesitate to contact our office. We do offer different payment options for your convenience.