Do you have a neck kink that is uncomfortable or even painful to live with? If so, then you’re probably wondering how to get rid of it. The first step is to determine the cause of the kink in your neck. Many lifestyle choices can cause a neck kink, like spending a lot of time looking down at your phone or up at a computer screen. There could be other causes of neck discomfort too, like injuries or aging.
Are you wondering how to get rid of the kink in your neck? Physical therapy is a safe way to treat your neck kink, loosen your neck muscles, and relieve your pain and discomfort.
What could be causing the kink in your neck?
Physical therapy is an effective treatment for neck problems.The treatment recommended by your physical therapist is contingent upon the condition causing your neck kink. First, your physical therapist will perform an evaluation of your neck to determine if you have any conditions. If you suffer from chronic neck pain, it could be because of the following problems:
- Chronic stress, which contributes to muscle tension.
- High-intensity occupations like sports or construction that strain the neck muscles.
- Lifestyle issues that cause postural issues, like neck strain from staring at screens.
- Wear and tear from aging, like osteoarthritis.
Regardless of the cause for your neck pain or stiffness, physical therapy can be an effective approach to combating your symptoms and getting you feeling better.
How can physical therapy help the kink in your neck?
There are are a few different techniques commonly used by physical therapists to get rid of neck kinks, including:
- Soft tissue mobilization — This technique is hands-on, making it a form of manual therapy. During soft tissue mobilization, a physical therapist will use their hands to stimulate the blood flow to your neck’s soft tissue. This may help reduce your stiffness and any inflammation that may be contributing to your neck kink.
- Therapeutic exercises — Strengthening your neck muscles is a good way to treat your neck kink and prevent future neck kinks. Your physical therapist can show you the most effective therapeutic exercises for neck strength. By building up your neck muscles, you can reduce the tension in your neck. A stronger neck experiences less stress during the day, which can reduce any pain you’re feeling from a neck kink.
Armor Physical Therapy is ready to help you get rid of the kink in your neck
A kink in the neck can wear you down throughout the day and can even be downright painful. Our specialists at Armor Physical Therapy are experts in treating neck kinks. We are prepared to build you a personalized treatment plan that targets the cause of your neck kink and reduces your pain. We also want to help you prevent future neck kinks.
Contact us today for more information about physical therapy for neck kinks or to schedule an initial appointment.