Are you worried about missing out on physical therapy you need because of the coronavirus outbreak? This is a common issue that many patients are currently facing. Fortunately, there’s a helpful option that many therapy practices are now offering: virtual physical therapy.
Virtual physical therapy is an offshoot of telemedicine, which is health care services offered over the internet. Specifically, this type of therapy often involves patients meeting with physical therapists online. Typically, these sessions have a secure live video and audio feed. Virtual physical therapy offers many benefits to patients like you.
Three benefits virtual physical therapy can offer
Virtual physical therapy offerings have been growing over the past few years. This growth is in response to an increasing willingness among patients to use telemedicine services. Researchers reveal that 78% of people reported an interest in receiving health care virtually.
Moving to virtual physical therapy can have many benefits for you, including:
- Affordable costs — Virtual physical therapy care is covered by most major insurances in the same way as an in-person visit. Our team also accepts credit and debit as well as Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) payments for Medicare, Medicaid and self-pay patients.
- Safety and comfort — Traveling might be a risk for you due to the COVID-19 virus or because you have a condition that makes it unsafe to travel. Virtual physical therapy allows you to receive the treatment you need from the comfort and safety of your own home, thereby eliminating the risks associated with traveling.
- Personalized care — Our physical therapists at Armor Physical Therapy always personalize treatments for our patients. Virtual care is no exception. If you’re an existing patient, we’ll stick as close as possible to your existing personalized plan. If you’re a new patient, we’ll evaluate your condition and develop a customized treatment plan for helping you reach your recovery goals.
Get benefits from the virtual physical therapy offered at Armor Physical Therapy
Trying to find virtual physical therapy that can benefit you? Our team at Armor Physical Therapy is ready and willing to help. We offer virtual physical therapy sessions to assist with:
- Managing chronic pain conditions
- Performing post-surgical rehab
- Recovering from sports injuries like sprains and strains
- Evaluating new patients and more
Take the next step to start getting beneficial virtual physical therapy from our team. Contact us today for more information or to schedule an initial appointment.