At Armor Physical Therapy in Portage, MI, our team is experienced in working with a variety of injuries and conditions. If you’re suffering from pain or loss of strength and mobility due to a physical ailment, you should speak with a physical therapist about treatment.
Physical therapists are health care professionals who can help you reduce your pain and regain strength and mobility. If you’re thinking about contacting a physical therapist for treatment, you should consider a few factors first.
Physical therapists play an important role in your recovery, so it’s important to choose the one that’s best for you, not just the first one you find.
How do you find the right physical therapist?
The physical therapy clinic you choose should have a team that cares about your wellbeing and will provide you with excellent care. Here are a few steps you should follow to help you find a physical therapist:
- Check out their credentials — Physical therapists must complete a Bachelor’s level of education and a physical therapy graduate degree program. Afterward, they must receive national certification before they’re allowed to practice.
- Review their technology — Each physical therapy clinic is not going to have the exact same technology and equipment, but everything should be functioning and up-to-date.
- Review their patient skills — The staff at the clinic you visit should be friendly and accommodating to your needs. If they are cold and uncaring, you should find another clinic, like Armor Physical therapy, where the team cares about you as an individual.
- Read their reviews — Check out the online reviews to find out what other patients are saying about the clinic that you’re interested in.
- Explore insurance options — Talk with your insurance provider or the clinic staff to find out if your insurance is compatible with the clinic.
The team at Armor Physical Therapy in Portage, MI, is passionate about helping you regain your independence and live a full quality of life. Would you like to speak with one of our team members about what we can do for you? Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Schedule an appointment with Armor Physical Therapy in Portage, MI.
6016 Lovers Lane, Ste. 3
Portage, MI 49002
Fax: (269) 329-0965
Monday: 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
Tuesday: 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
Wednesday: 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
Thursday: 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
Friday: 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
If you would rather visit us at one of our four other clinics, please visit our locations page to find one more convenient for you.