Being required to self-isolate. Sticking to social distancing guidelines. These are just a few of the issues that can make it harder to get the physical therapy you need.
Such measures have been put in place to help control the spread of the coronavirus. However, they also make it harder for people like you to leave their home for in-person therapy sessions. As a result, our physical therapists are offering virtual physical therapy services in addition to in-clinic appointments.
Virtual physical therapy services involve live video sessions on the internet with your therapist, but there are four questions that you might have about these services. Armor Physical Therapy wants to ensure you get these virtual physical therapy FAQs answered.
- What equipment will I need for a virtual physical therapy session?
Patients will need some basic electronic equipment to make a virtual physical therapy session possible. One option is to use your smartphone, but desktop computers and tablets may also be suitable for virtual physical therapy. It’s important that whichever device you use has a functioning camera, microphone and speakers.
Additionally, many therapists recommend patients wear loose, comfortable clothing for virtual physical therapy. This is because these sessions often involve doing therapeutic exercises. You might need to clear a space in your home to do these exercises as well.
- How can I ensure my virtual physical therapy appointment goes smoothly?
Clearing a space to perform therapy exercises before your appointment can help your virtual physical therapy session go more smoothly. However, there are other steps that can make your session easier, too. Some of these steps include:
- Reading any emails about your virtual physical therapy session beforehand
- Ensuring that your internet browser works with the virtual physical therapy platform and is updated
- Asking a friend or family member to be available to help troubleshoot technique issues
- Making sure the device you’re using can be operated without hands
- Finding a stable surface for the device
- Removing any trip hazards from the area you’ll be doing therapy in
- Ensuring the chosen space is well lit
- Is virtual physical therapy affordable?
Our virtual physical therapy services are covered by most major insurances in the same way as an in-person visit. Our team also accepts credit and debit as well as Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) payments for Medicare, Medicaid and self-pay patients.
Take advantage of virtual physical therapy from Armor Physical Therapy
Do you want to try your first virtual physical therapy appointment or get more virtual physical therapy questions answered? Our Armor Physical Therapy team is ready and willing to assist you with virtual care. These sessions can be used by many of our patients right from their home, and they can help with issues like:
- Post-surgical rehab
- Chronic pain management
- Musculoskeletal injuries — Sprains, strains, fractures, tendinitis and more
Take the next step to start having virtual physical therapy sessions with our team. Contact us today for more information about our virtual physical therapy services or to schedule an initial appointment.