Headaches are usually not a big deal. When you have a headache, you can typically treat it with some rest and home remedies. However, there are some headaches that last for more than a few days or are more severe in their nature. These kinds of headaches will require medical assistance.
Chronic head pain that lasts for a long time or recurs frequently may be the sign of something more serious. Pay attention to the symptoms of your neck pain and make sure you get help right away if you notice other symptoms, such as:
- Loss of mobility
- Numbness in the face or neck
- Pain that radiates through your neck and into your shoulders
- Blurred vision
- Slurred speech
It’s important to get help for chronic headaches with these kinds of symptoms. Ignoring this kind of head pain can result in a more serious condition or permanent disability. Talk to your physician today if you have chronic head pain and would like to find a treatment.
Common treatments for chronic head pain
Treatments for chronic head pain vary depending on the cause of the pain and its severity. Many head pain treatments may include:
- Beta-blockers — High blood pressure may be the source of head pain in many people. If this is the case for you, your physician may prescribe beta-blockers. These are medications that help reduce your blood pressure, which may reduce your head pain.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs — Anti-inflammatory drugs can reduce inflammation that may be causing your head pain. These are often necessary for people withdrawing from other medications.
- Physical therapy — Physical therapists are healthcare professionals who can help reduce head pain and the need for side-effect-inducing drugs. Many physical therapy treatments for headaches focus on strengthening and stretching the muscles and tissues in the neck. This provides more support for the head and reduces pressure off the spine, which may be the source of your neck pain.
Contact Armor Physical Therapy in Mattawan, MI for chronic headache treatment
Are you suffering from frequent or severe headaches? The team at Armor Physical Therapy in Mattawan, Michigan is here to help. Contact us today to talk to one of our team members about your pain and schedule your consultation.
Our Mattawan, Michigan location:
24466 Red Arrow Highway
Mattawan, Michigan 49071
Armor Physical Therapy has clinics in multiple cities throughout Michigan. If Battle Creek is too far for you, please visit our locations page to find which clinic is most convenient for you.