Why choose Armor PT?
Our clinical staff has over 25 years of experience in working with children of all ages for their rehabilitation, injury prevention, training and athletic performance needs. More importantly, we have young children ourselves!
Pain is not normal with active children
“Growing up” is often blamed for the aches and pains our children experience as they become more active. Often, there is a legitimate musculoskeletal or biomechanical reason for their complaints. Our expert physical therapists can help you and your pediatrician determine the most appropriate plan of care.
Our clinical staff has several years of clinical experience and advanced training in different areas of physical therapy, including:
- Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Orthopaedics and Sports Physical Therapy
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Certified Golf Fitness Instructor through the Titleist
- Performance Institute
- Advanced training in biomechanical analysis for
- running, walking, golf swing, pitching and jump
- Advanced training in manipulative, manual therapy and
- the McKenzie Method for the treatment of pelvic and
- spinal disorders
Our physical therapy & specialty services for KIDS
- Evaluation and management of acute and chronic pediatric musculoskeletal injuries, including the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee, ankle and foot
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA) screening
- Pre- and post-operative rehabilitation
- Sports functional physical therapy
- Manipulative, manual therapy and McKenzie- trained therapists in the evaluation and treatment for pelvic and spine disorders
- Biomechanical analysis of golf swing & baseball/softball pitching mechanics
- State-of-the-art videotaped gait analysis for runners, with shoe and custom orthotic recommendations
- Injury prevention & performance enhancement programs, including Golf F.I.T. and plyometric jump training for knee injury prevention
Will medical insurance cover this?
As this is as specialty program of our normal physical therapy services, there is no additional cost to the patient aside from their normal insurance co-pay or deductible. We participate with most commercial insurances and would be happy to assist you with any benefit questions you may have.
How do I get started?
All that we need to get you started is a prescription from your primary care physician or specialist with an appropriate medical diagnosis.
To make an appointment or for more information about any of our physical therapy or specialty programs, please call Armor Physical Therapyduring normal business hours orContact us at Battle Creek, Kalamazoo, Mattawan, Plainwell, E. Kalamazoo, Schoolcraft & Portage, MI centers.